“You got a match!”, whenever this pops up on your screen you are all giddy and happy. But what if we increase the chances of the same? Here’s an ultimate guide to improve your dating profile online:
- Visuals: Believe it or not photos & videos are the most significant factor that decides whether your profile goes right or left. Avoid side profiles! The potential match would want to see your front face as it reflects your confidence. Be sure to smile, as happiness is a major attractive point in the opposite person. Make use of the visuals to reflect who you are! If you are a dog person, throw some dog-loving photos. If you are an art person, maybe a photo with your art should work. Also, dodge the habit of adding personal quotes or screenshots of them as your visuals. You have got the bio section to communicate your personality in written format.
- Bio: This is just not about height or habits. It’s about the whole you. Here you have to make sure that your bio or personal statement is speaking. Write in a manner that’s interactive. For example: If you are a person who loves travelling, you can start with adjectives and verbs like“dusty Darjeeling train” or “headed west”. These are more attractive & creative than the cliches like “wanderlust” or “To travel is to live” etc.
- Tone basics: Online dating is something that can go bonkers or can bring out some fruitful outcomes. Just be you! Make sure you are speaking for yourself rather than changing the tone in order to impress someone. Make sure there’s a respectable & sensible tone even when you chat or call.
- Show your hobbies: If you are a photographer, dancer or anything, present your art in your visuals & statements. This can not also be an icebreaker but will also show an engaging element about yourself.
- Video calls: Get to know the person before actually meeting. Calls or Video calls can be a good way to sense the tone of the personality the opposite person holds. Today there are dating apps that have features like games, compatibility quizzes and more that bring in more conversation & spark between the potential partners.
- The final day: It was easy on dating sites, but now you have to meet the person in real life. It sure should be scary and nerve-wracking. But here’s a catch. If you have been honest about your interests and personality to the opposite person, the nervousness should fade away minutes after the real meeting.
Lastly, it all boils down to being yourself. Just remember to represent yourself with your amazing smile, charismatic personality & stunning confidence, and you are all set to woo and get wooed. All this cumulatively is really a game-changer. Be sure to keep tabs on these if you are going to make a dating profile today!